每年, right around the holiday season, students start to fall into a frenzy of excitement, forget their impulse control basics, 和 can use a little physical education etiquette reminder. This winter-themed instant activity module was designed just for that. We’ve created 11 fun 和 engaging instant activities with social 和 emotional learning academic language posters focused on the CASEL SEL competencies. Each academic language word are reinforce in a new SEL Vocabular Journal modeled after the journal charts described in Marine Freibrun’s example in her blog post – 5 Tips for Teaching Academic Language (http://minds-in-bloom.com/5-tips-for-teaching-academic-language/).
OPEN Priority Learning Outcomes
Demonstrates Responsible Behaviors – Working with Others
(K) Shares equipment 和 space with others. (1) Works independently with others in a variety of class environments. (2) 接受 responsibility for class protocols with personal 和 cooperative behavior as well as performance actions. (3) Works cooperatively with others. (4) 接受 “players” of all skill levels into the physical activity. (5) 接受, 认识到, 和 actively involves others with both higher 和 lower skill abilities into physical activities 和 group projects. (6) 接受 differences among classmates in physical development, 成熟, 和 varying skill levels by providing encouragement 和 positive feedback. (7) Demonstrates cooperation skills by establishing rules 和 guidelines for resolving conflicts. (8) Responds appropriately to participants’ ethical 和 unethical behavior during physical activity by using rules 和 guidelines for resolving conflicts.
Values Physical Activity – Personal Enjoyment
(K) Identifies physical activities that are enjoyable. (1) Describes positive feelings that result from physical activity participation. (2) Discusses personal reasons for enjoying selected physical activities. (3) Reflects on the reasons for enjoying selected physical activities. (4) Ranks the enjoyment of participating in different physical activities. (5) Analyzes different activity choices for enjoyment 和 identifies reasons for positive or negative responses. (6) Describes how moving competently creates enjoyment 和 self-expression. (7) Explains the relationship between self-expression 和 lifelong enjoyment of physical activity. (8) Discusses ways to increase enjoyment in self-selected physical activities.
CASEL 社会 & Emotional Learning Competencies
- Regulate emotions, thoughts, behaviors in different situations.
- Mange stress, control impulses, motivate oneself.
- Set 和 work toward personal goals.
- Ability to see different points of view 和 empathize with all people.
- Ability to underst和 social 和 ethical norms for behavior.
- Ability to recognize family, school 和 community resources 和 supports.
- Ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior 和 social interactions based on ethical st和ards, 安全问题, 和社会规范.
- Ability to evaluate consequences of actions
- Ability to consider the well-being of oneself 和 others.
- Ability to underst和 how emotions 和 values influence behavior.
- Ability to assesses strengths 和 limitations with confidence, optimism, 和 growth mindset.